28 February 2009

Hey ho hey ho it's off on holiday we go.

This weekend, Oscott has broken up for the half term break, and on Monday a few of us are off to Poland for the week. If it's possible to stay in touch, then I will, but cannot be sure what Internet access will be like.

I see that Archbishop Orani João Tempesta, O. Cist. has been appointed to the Archdiocese of São Sebastião do Rio de Janeiro by Pope Benedict XVI. What with New York now filled by Archbishop Timothy Dolan then we just await news breaking of our own Westminster. Let's hope it's not whilst I'm out of the country! Somehow, however, I imagine we will not be out of the loop. Amazing how quickly clerical news can pass around the globe. Prayers offered for whoever the Pope appoints. Not an easy choice, I'm sure.

I'll say a special prayer for you all when I'm visiting Our Lady of Czestochowa. There's a good article all about the Black Madonna as she's known, here.

HOLY MOTHER of Czestochowa, Thou art full of grace, goodness and mercy. I consecrate to Thee all my thoughts, words and actions----my soul and body. I beseech Thy blessings and especially prayers for my salvation. Today, I consecrate myself to Thee, Good Mother, totally ----with body and soul amid joy and sufferings to obtain for myself and others Thy blessings on this earth and eternal life in Heaven. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Prayers of travelling mercies for you. We look forward to the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails