23 May 2009

Novena to the Holy Spirit


If you'd like to join the community of Oscott in prayer, then a simple way is to join our novena for Pentecost. Each morning, we're praying the following:

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and enkindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created. And you shall renew the face of the earth.

O God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant us in the same Spirit to be truly wise and ever rejoice in his consolation. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

O Holy Spirit, divine Spirit of light and love, I consecrate to you my understanding, my heart, my will, my whole being for time and for eternity. May my understanding always be submissive to your heavenly inspirations and to the teachings of the Holy Catholic Church, of which you are the infallible guide; may my heart be ever inflamed with love of God and of my neighbour; may my will always conform to the divine will, and may my whole life be a faithful imitation of the life and virtues of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, to whom be honour and glory forever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails