8 March 2009

Laugh, and the world laughs with you...

Back to Oscott and thus begins the second half of our winter term, taking us through to Easter. There is much to be achieved, though now that the STB essay is out of the way, I'm hoping to be able to spend more time just being. We will see.

Reading through a HUGE back log of blog posts, I came across this hilarious comment on lolsaints. If you have not looked at the site, I heartily recommend it to you. This one of Jesus handing on the keys to Peter was, I thought, particularly funny. Go and enjoy.

Also, reading Damian Thompson's blog, I came across this tale of the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate, a new order of nuns who have set up shop in Cornwall. What struck me, particularly, was the dress of the order, that is, they are in habit. Throughout our time in Poland we were ever, it seemed, in the presence of habit wearing nuns. Now, without wanting to get into the debate of should nuns wear a habit or not, it was striking that those with the habit, and, I suppose, the veil in particular, were offering a strong visual reminder to all that it was perfectly normal to give over your life to follow Christ in the form of a religious life. As one who has already offered his life to Christ in the clerical state, I was, nonetheless, in total admiration for these fine women who give such striking witness to our faith. Well done to all you nuns who inspire so readily!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails